Some tips for completing:
- Don't try to get too perfect with laying the leaves down. Leaves by nature have imperfections and it looks more rustic when all the corners are not completely flush against the jar.
- If you're pulling your hair out with getting them to stick, another option is to cut out pieces of napkin (with leaf designs); napkins are much easier to adhere.
- Wet or iron your leaves before you adhere them so they become more bendable.
- Let the Mod Podge become very tacky to the touch before applying the leaves. Also, if needed pull off the plastic veins on faux leaves to help them lay better. (The leaves used in this craft don't have a plastic spine)
- Use your fingers. It helps when trying to mold the leaf around the jar.
- You shouldn't need to but if you're concerned about falling leaves, spray the jar with a clear varnish, when you're done to seal it.
- Don't use Ball mason jars, the ridges on them won't allow the leaves to lay flat. This is why I chose a plain jar from the dollar store.